If you are like most consumers you do not think about the components of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or unless it is time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most use possible from this invaluable appliance it can be useful to understand how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and La Mesa Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to learn all you will want to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it’s the time to reach out to refrigerator repair La Mesa.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard appliance for several years. A residential refrigerator stores food at the optimal temperature, in order to stop spoilage and stop harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the outside, by using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call La Mesa Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it is necessary for the circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor stops working.
A condenser is found on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and helps to emit the warmth built-up from within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A evaporator is stored in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth trapped within it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator is not working, it is time to hire a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube which works as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, transforming the gas back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, engaging the cooling period when needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in La Mesa for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator is above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cool down begins. The appliance draws in the cool liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit pushes the heated gas towards the condenser coils located on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquified state.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues on its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the coils on the inside of the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, thereby reducing the temperature down to the best set point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and turns back to a gas state, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in several applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from one location and then moving it to another the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, creates a perfect space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule an appointment with La Mesa Appliance Repair.
La Mesa Appliance Repair will fix most major brands of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced technicians in La Mesa are trained to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation issues, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart controls and other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2021  La Mesa Appliance Repair